Thursday, August 15, 2024

Short Story: The only Wealth he needed!

Alex Huang was one poor man. When he died, there was not a single dollar to his account. He left behind no house, no stocks, no money. In the eyes of the world, he was not worth envying. No one mourned his death.

While he was alive, he often went without food for many, many days!

“Pastor Alex, why did you give your food to me? You need it more than me!” One of his parishioners cried in gratitude as Alex gave this impoverished parishioner food which he bought out of the meager tithes which his poor parishioners in the village of China had brought to him. Alex served a community of poor villagers, who had nothing monetary to give to the Lord, yet Alex never complained.

“You need it more than me! I have food from my Father in heaven which you knew nothing of!” Alex replied. His food was to do the will of the Father in heaven.

While he was alive, he often went to prison for the Lord.

“Why do you keep being arrested for illegal activities?” The chief police asked, a perplexed look in his face.

“Preaching may be illegal in your and our country’s eyes, but I will gladly preach and go to jail for the Lord rather than betray His trust in me!” Alex replied.

Alex Huang was one poor man. When he died, there was not a single dollar to his account. He left behind no house, no stocks, no money. In the eyes of the world, he was not worth envying. Yet, the Lord Jesus Christ mourned his death.

I had lost one good servant. The Lord cried. That, to Alex, was the only wealth he needed.